Name of Company / Institution: GCP Applied Technologies (Philippines) Inc.
Address: Silangangang Canlubang Industrial Park, Canlubang, Calamba, Laguna
Company Brief Description:
A premiere specialty chemicals and Materials Company noted for experienced people, global reach and strong customer relationships.
Our products are found in world-renowned landmarks, from the subway systems to the world’s tallest buildings. We produce sealants for 3 out of 4 cans worldwide, while enhancing millions more packages of the world’s best-known brands.
We are #1 in cement additives and #2 in concrete admixtures; #1 in bonded pre-applied waterproofing membranes and a global leader in waterproofing technologies; and #1 in can sealants, leading packaging innovation for nearly 100 years. Our technologies reduce the environmental impact of our customers’ products and environment, health, and safety are core to our business and our culture.
Job Title: QA Chemist
• Determines test required and performs tests according to specification for both RM & FG
• Prepares and standardizes standards reagents
• Performs SAP posting to update status of FG being tested
• Verifies condition and status of FG prior to delivery to customers
• Performs calibration of testing equipments
• Participates in company Productivity programs, and helps identify ideas for cost reduction
• College degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Must be licensed Chemist.
• At least with one year work experience preferably on coatings and/or rubber-based sealants
• SAP knowledge (Production/Quality modules), preferably with one year experience
• Preferably with one year laboratory equipment calibration experience
• Knowledgeable in and practices 5S/Housekeeping in workplace
• Knowledgeable in and complies with ISO 9001/Safety standards
• Experience in Internal Quality and Safety audits is an advantage
• Willing to work in shifts and weekends when needed
• Must be willing to work in Calamba City, Laguna.
Job Title: R&D Chemist
• Performs comprehensive raw material evaluations to establish suitability in product formulation or equivalency in the case of raw materials substitution.
• Conducts product characterization and performance studies to identify improvement opportunities in terms of performance and/or cost or address customer-specific product performance requirements. This includes technical studies related to product formulation, manufacturing process, product specifications, application and performance.
• Develops new and improved products to meet defined customer/market needs and achieve business targets.
• Conducts customer visit in AP for product analysis and formula design. Provides support in customer complaints resolution.
• Coordinates with affected units regarding issues in manufacturing processes and formulas of Darex products. Ensure adherence to company MOC protocol.
• Develops technical proposals for new R&D projects. Stays current with technological advancements in assigned area and utilizes knowledge and experience to drive product innovation.
• College degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or other related discipline; preferably licensed.
• 3-5 years R&D experience, preferably from the chemical (polymers) industry
• Knowledge on coatings, sealants or closure formulation will be an advantage
• Experience with statistical tools, DOE or Six Sigma is an advantage
• Self-motivated, internally driven individual with passion to deliver innovative solutions
• Team player who is able to contribute to a collaborative research and development environment
• Good communication and presentation skills; must be fluent in oral and written English
• Must be willing to work in Laguna and to travel within the Asia-Pacific Region
Contact Person / Details:
Sr. HR Specialist
Mobile No: +639989613429
Landline: 02 884 0300