Name of Company / Institution: CEMEX Philippines (Solid Cement Corporation)
Work Location: Solid Cement Plant, Antipolo City, Rizal
Company Brief Description:
CEMEX is a leading global company in the construction materials industry that manufactures and distributes cement, ready-mix concrete and aggregates in more than 50 countries in America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. In 2017, CEMEX reported annual sales of US$ 13.7 billion and operating flow of US$ 2.6 billion.
CEMEX began operations in the Philippines in 1997 and has grown to become one of the leading cement producers in the Philippines, based on installed annual capacity of 5.7 million tons as of March 31, 2018. Our cement manufacturing subsidiaries, Solid Cement in Antipolo City, Rizal and APO Cement in the City of Naga, Cebu, have been operating in the Philippines for over 20 years.
Job Title: Physical Tester
Performs test and analysis to determine the complete physical characteristics of cement in relation with the company and government standards, participates in the development of new products, improvement of existing products and in research activities to support customer satisfaction and cost reduction initiatives of the company.
• Perform physical tests according to American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards and practices; determine measurement uncertainties on ASTM methods and update if necessary.
REPORTING & RECORDS MANAGEMENT
• Prepare daily Physical Test reports and statistical analysis; document all test results to provide reference for performance of cement produced and maintain records for traceability
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
• Report to immediate superior outcome of laboratory scale tests conducted in order to make recommendations to attain the optimum proportions and feed settings
• Conducts internal calibration of Physical Testing apparatus; Recommend necessary external calibration to ensure reliability and accuracy of equipment
INSPECTION AND VERIFICATION
• Checks and maintains regularly assigned laboratory equipment and apparatus prior to use to ensure reliability of test results analyzed and suitability of equipment for its intended use.
• Conduct client visits in order to provide technical assistance to meet customer satisfaction. Assist the Technical Service Group in concrete testing as needed. Conduct monthly analysis of competitors’ samples and advise immediate superior on the outcome.
Education/ Professional Experience
• Candidate must be a Licensed Chemist
• At least 3 years relevant experience as a Physical Tester
• Working knowledge of the cement testing standards
• Computer literate; good interpersonal and communication skills
Job Title: QA Shift Lab Analyst
Performs and conducts test and analysis to determine the physical and chemical characteristic of cement and raw materials in relation with the company and government standards, participates in the development of new products, improvement of existing products and in research activities to support customer satisfaction and cost reduction initiatives of the company.
• Performs certain non-instrumental chemical analysis (moisture, loss on ignition, free lime, ash and calcium carbonate test if XRF is down) and physical test (fineness, blaine, setting time by gillmore, bulk density) using specialized apparatus on raw and in-process materials, finished products, fuels and special samples during process improvement to provide test results for proper process monitoring and control.
• Prepares samples from the original to the final state following standard procedures; performs housekeeping within work area to provide needed analysis for correct proportioning of raw materials and process control.
INSPECTION AND VERIFICATIONS
• Checks and maintains regularly assigned laboratory equipment and apparatus prior to use to ensure reliability of test results analyzed and suitability of equipment for its intended use e.g. checking of standard cement for Blaine Apparatus and end of shift cleaning of Auto-Preparation Machine.
• Document all test results; Maintains raw data sheets in order to ensure availability of references Advise on timely manner his immediate supervisor on any deviations based on set quality parameters.
• Monitor inventory of items needed for analysis; Request for replenishment IN ORDER TO ensure availability of materials
• Practice and conform to all certification guidelines and procedures; Participate in annual audit IN ORDER TO maintain and ensure renewal of certification
Education/ Professional Experience
• Must be a Licensed Chemist
• At least 2 years of experience in laboratory testing
• Basic technical skills in laboratory works
• Computer literate
Contact Person / Details: