Name of Company / Institution: SUBIC WATER AND SEWERAGE COMPANY INC.
Work Location: SUBIC BAY FREEPORT ZONE, OLONGAPO CITY
Company Brief Description:
It gives us an immense pleasure in introducing ourselves as the Southeast Asia’s pioneer company which introduced the first public –private partnership, build-operate and transfer model in the water and wastewater services industry. The company was formed in light of the impending water crisis in Olongapo City during the 90’s and the growing commercial water requirements of the booming Subic Bay Freeport Zone.
Job Title: CHEMIST (Laboratory Specialist)
1. Performs physical, and chemical analyses on water samples from clear wells,
distribution system, paid samples, all raw water samples as wells as wastewater
2. Prepares chemical reagents and calibration curves for use in the physical and
3. Performs analyses on the effluent and influent drawn from points in the six (6)
Sewage Treatment Plants on a regular and monthly basis to determine STP
effluents’ conformance with MACFE and DAO 35 standards.
4. Prepares chemical reagent to be used in chemical analyses.
5. Monitors, calibrates and troubleshoots laboratory equipment.
6. Records all test results and observations after every analysis in preparation of
the reports required from the department.
7. Prepares and submits analytical data to concerned offices and regulators.
8. Performs daily water sampling on clear wells and distribution systems as
9. Joint water sampling with the Subic Bay Water Regulatory Board as assigned.
10. Provides assistance in the completion of responsibilities of the microbiologist as
B. Quality Surveillance
1. Assesses the quality of raw water and/or waste water.
2. Reports raw water and/or waste water assessment results if exceeding the
maximum limit allowed for its designated use or classification for appropriate
3. Evaluates and tests the treatability of incoming sewage being disposed by the
external clientele, especially oil and grease concentration.
4. Monitors and inventories all laboratory chemical reagents, apparatus, glassware
and other necessary equipment to be used and prepare purchase request when
5. Ensures that chemical reagents are properly prepared, stored and disposed.
6. Ensures that apparatus and glassware are calibrated and maintained in good
working condition for accurate results.
7. Coordinates with sanitary inspectors of LGU, DOH on water quality issues.
8. Ensure timely response on customer complaints regarding quality of water.
1. Provide proactive action in advocacy of Clean Water Act.
2. Practices and complies with all existing environmental and occupational health
and safety laws, rules and regulations, policies and guidelines in the performance
-Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
-Preferably with previous training in Laboratory functions
-Preferably with previous work experience in Laboratory
Contact Person / Details:
Lei S. Santos
(047) 252.2964 loc. 15