Name of Company / Institution: Morning Star Milling Corporation
Work Location: A.Z. Avis Sr. Ext., Bagong Ilog, Pasig City
Company Brief Description:
Incorporated in 1988, Morning Star Milling Corporation (MSMC) was set up with the objective of producing quality flour and downstream products that were lacking in the Philippine market. Using Swiss machinery with the latest technology, MSMC started operations in 1991 at Bagong-Ilog Pasig. Its first products were Star Bread Flour and Sunrise Soft Flour, the first bromate-free flour produced in commercial quantities in the Philippines. In 1992, MSMC’s product range has grown to include Angel White Bread Flour, Magic Box Cake Flour and Triple A All-Purpose Flour.
In 1993, the company launched its first pasta line under the brand PRIMA. True to its pioneering spirit, MSMC produced the first 100% Durum Semolina pasta in the Philippines. The Prima Pasta line includes spaghetti, flat noodles, angel hair pasta and different macaroni shapes. MSMC also caters to the bulk market under the NEWLIFE brand name. Having established a name for itself, MSMC embarked on an expansion program that was completed in 1998. From its original size of 250MT/day, the expansion brought production up to 1,100MT/day. MSMC continues to innovate its products. Today it has become one of the bigger flour milling companies in the country.
Job Title: Laboratory Analyst
Available Slots: 2-4
Monitors, analyzes and inspects the wheat, flour and pasta products according to the standards set by QA and R&D Department and specifications required by different customers.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Conducts physico-chemical tests based on laboratory procedures and quality plan for in-process and finished products.
2. Do sampling and physical inspection of flour prior to release and packaging materials prior to acceptance.
3. Checks and assesses products on-hold, rejects or returned by clients.
4. Issues Certificates of Analysis to respective customers.
• Graduate of B.S. Chemistry, B.S. Chemical Technology and related courses, preferably licensed Chemist or Chemical Technician
• Newly graduates with good academic record and a recent board passer are encouraged to apply
• At least six (6) months work experience in a laboratory or manufacturing company
• At least 5’2” in height
• Has the ability to monitor quality of products
• Knowledgeable in Good Laboratory Practices
• Practical Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Application
• With good verbal and written communication skills
• Amendable to work in a shifting/rotating schedule
Contact Person / Details:
Ms. Gladdy Tarog
(632) 671-9755 to 57