Name of Company / Institution: SGS Global Business Services Asia Inc
Work Location: Albang, Muntinlupa City
Company Brief Description:
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
Job Title: Data Analyst – Geochemist (with background in Minerals operation)
Available Slots: 5+
As a member of the team in our Global Business Solutions (GBS) center, this position is responsible for validation and approval of data generated from the laboratory production according to the requirements of the technical aspects of the current Quality Management System.
Once the data have been finalized and approved, the Data Analyst is responsible for generating the certificates of analysis and releasing results to the clients.
The Data Analyst also provides specialized technical input during pre, in-process and post stages of production where necessary and participates in the investigation for any quality non-conformances.
Operational direct reporting to Affiliate Manager or Supervisor; administrative accountability to GBS Supervisor.
• Performs final Quality Control validation as stated on QP21 on all laboratory results by comparing results to standards and often to different laboratory schemes, initiates correction action if results are outside tolerance.
• Initiates recheck requests as needed.
• Identify “Over Range” as per instruction and initiate additional assay.
• Prepares certificates of analysis and releases results to external and internal clients.
• Assists Department Supervisor and QA/QC Supervisor to investigate and resolve any quality non-conformances.
• Assists in setting up Proficiency tests, follows up on progresses and performs QC validation on results.
• Ensures all requested analysis are completed by referring to sample submission forms.
• Maintains QC control charts on selected laboratory schemes.
• Monitors results and provides feedback to Area Supervisors.
• Provides technical input to all departments as needed.
• Keeps up to date on all certified reference materials being used throughout the lab.
• Participates in internal audits and Quality action investigation as needed.
• Maintains a clean working environment.
• Follows all company health, safety and environmental policies.
• May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
• A minimum of a BSc degree (or equivalent) is required.
• 3 years previous experience in laboratory and /or mineral operation is preferred.
• Previous experience with ISO/IEC 17025 requirements is preferred.
• Previous experience in a Quality Control related role is preferred.
Specific technical skills:
• Strong practical knowledge in geochemical analysis and statistical analysis is required.
• Good communication skill for all upward and horizontal directions.
• Full professional proficiency in English.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Ability to manage several projects within widely diverse areas of expertise whilst providing technical support for completing projects as needed.
• Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
• Ability to compose clear and concise technical reports.
• Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, etc.).
• Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
• Ability to work well with others & independently.
• Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Works well under pressure.
• Ensures full compliance with the company’s Quality Management, Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
Salary Range: PHP 15,001 to PHP 20,000
Contact Person / Details: