Name of Company / Institution: Seaoil Philippines, Inc.
Work Location: 7th Floor, The Taipan Place, F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Company Brief Description:
SEAOIL Philippines, Inc. is proudly a FILIPINO company that shares and understands every Filipino’s hopes for the future: a better economy, the youth achieving their dreams, a healthy environment. As an organization, SEAOIL gives conscious effort to do its part in the nation’s path towards success. Through our innovative products, services, and programs, we remain true to our promise of “Fueling a Better Future.”
Now the leading and largest independent fuel company in the Philippines, SEAOIL continues to expand its network to provide quality and affordable products to more Filipinos. We are committed to each and every one of our customers, because it is for them and through them that we are in this business.
We are an organization you can always trust, and we will never let it be compromised.
Job Title: CME Plant Laboratory Supervisor
Type of Employment: Full-time
Available Slots: 1
Every role in SEAOIL contributes significantly to the company. Here’s a summary of what you will be doing in this job:
Supervision of CME production plant laboratory
Success in this role will require you to fulfill the following responsibilities:
1. Provides supervision on daily laboratory activities
2. Performs analysis of raw materials, in-process and finished product samples
3. Prepares weekly schedule of analystsEstablish, execute, review and evaluate laboratory procedures and policies for operating functions of the laboratory
4. Reviews and ensures that laboratory results are submitted on time to Plant Supervisor/Field Technician
5. Monitors preventive maintenance and calibration calendar of laboratory equipment and glasswares, and ensures that they are conducted by accredited service providers as scheduled.
6. Ensures that laboratory records and reports are maintained
7. Coordinates all testing requirements by DOE necessary to conduct and complete the tests with third-party laboratories, for services that cannot be conducted at the SEAOIL laboratory due to absence of testing equipment
8. Searches for prospective suppliers of laboratory instruments/equipment to make the laboratory more capable of testing procedures recommended by the Philippine National Standards (PNS) and/or American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
9. Submits purchase requisitions of laboratory supplies and chemicals as requested by the analysts and ensure that laboratory is within the provided annual operating expense budget
10. Ensures that laboratory permits are in place and coordinate with Legal Department
11. Coordinates with Plant Supervisor/Manager for quality issuesCoordinates with Equipment Suppliers for any troubleshooting, as needed
12. Provides training to analysts
13. Ensures that safety protocols in the laboratory are in place and coordinate with the Plant Safety Officer for any safety issues that may affect the laboratory operations and personnel
14. Keeps abreast about latest the technology related to testing and manufacturing of CME to increase efficiency and productivity of the laboratory
15. Performs other related functions as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Role:
1. Graduate of BS Chemistry
2. Licensed Chemist
3. At least 6 months of supervisory experience in a laboratory setting
4. At least one year experience in a CME or CNO or RBDO plant laboratory
5. Must possess supervisory skills
6. Must possess intermediate laboratory skills
7. Must have basic knowledge and understanding on Philippine National Standards and ASTM for coco methyl ester or coconut oil processingKnowledge in ISO 17025 accreditation is an advantage
8. Industry Background: Coconut Industry
9. Realistic Job Preview: The Laboratory Supervisor establishes laboratory procedures and is responsible for ensuring that all samples submitted by the production are accurately tested in a timely manner as needed by the production plant.
10.Must be willing to do field work
11. Must be willing to work on weekends and holidays, when necessary
12. Willing to work in a remote setting.
13. Can adapt to field settings.
14. Willing to extend working hours
Monthly Salary Range: PHP 30,001 to PHP 40,000
Contact Person / Details:
Carla Virginia S. Urminita