The term of office of three members of the ICP Board of Directors expires on 30 June 2022. Nominations are invited for the election of the ICP Board members who will hold office starting 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2025.
Three board members — one representative each from the industry, government and academe — are to be elected. Only active REGULAR members of the ICP (chemists) may nominate and be nominated.
|2022||Dr. Fabian M. Dayrit*||PLtCol. Victor C. Drapete*||Ms. Ma. Josephine B. Gonzales*|
|2023||Dr. Glenn V. Alea||Mr. Angelo S. Bugarin||Ms. Priscilla Alice L. Samonte|
|2024||Dr. Lilibeth dlC. Coo||Mr. Admer Rey C. Dablio||Mr. Mark L. Grageda|
|* Terms to expire on June 30, 2022.|
The elected members of the board are expected to regularly attend the meetings of the ICP and actively participate in activities geared towards achieving the objectives of the ICP as follows:
- Support the implementation of the Chemistry Profession Act and the Code of Ethics for chemists and safeguard the professional interests of the registered chemists;
- Make the chemistry professionals (both chemists and chemical technicians) conscious of their serious responsibilities in helping the country develop;
- Provide a forum to exchange ideas on the chemistry profession;
- Cultivate discipline among the members, develop the spirit of camaraderie, and maintain occupational standards;
- Encourage and foster chemical education;
- Develop a continuing program of activities leading towards upgrading of standards, such as accreditation of laboratories and professional competencies.
- Only active REGULAR members of the ICP in good standing can be nominated, submit a nomination, and vote. Nominations cast by active ASSOCIATE members (chemical technicians) and FOREIGN members will NOT be recognized. Self-nomination will NOT be accepted. The ICP Membership Committee shall confirm the status of nominators, nominees, and voters.
- The ICP Election committee will contact the nominee through the email address provided by the nominator.
- To be an official candidate, the nominee must accept the nomination by email on or before the deadline set by the committee. The nominee must submit his/her CV using the ICP COMELEC prescribed format.
- The winning candidate from each sector will hold office for a term of 3 years (2022 to 2025).
- The nomination period is from 16 to 30 May 2022. The Google Nomination forms should be accomplished by 12noon of 30 May.
- The official list of nominees will be posted on the ICP website (https://www.icp.org.ph/) by 06 June 2022.
- The election period will be from 06 to 27 June 2022. Results will be announced on June 30.
- The ICP Elections Committee (ICP COMELEC) for 2022 is made up of the following: Dr. Glenn Alea (Chair), and Mr. Angelo Bugarin, and Ms. Priscilla Alice Samonte (Members).