About the Training
The Integrated Chemists of the Philippines (ICP) invites you to a two-day hands-on training on Statistics and Measurement Uncertainty in Chemical Analysis, to be held on 3-4 June 2019 at the Century Park Hotel in Manila. This training will be facilitated by Dr. Edgar Paski, professor at the British Columbia Institute of Technology and a renowned international assessor of ISO 17025.
The event is composed of two parts: (1) Statistics for Chemists, and (2) Estimating Measurement Uncertainty.
• To give participants an understanding of the importance and practical use of statistics in analytical laboratories. Participants will gain an understanding of both use and misuse of statistics in making decisions about test measurements.
• To give participants an understanding of the importance of estimating the measurement uncertainty for their analytical measurements as well as the ability to estimate measurement uncertainty for their test methods. Participants will become familiar with the principal topics covered in the Eurachem / CITAC Guide: Quantifying Uncertainty in Analytical Measurement Third edition and simplified approaches given in Nordtest: Handbook for Calculation of Measurement Uncertainty in Environmental Laboratories v.3.1 (2012).
Who Should Attend This Training?
This training is designed for individuals engaged in all phases of making chemical measurements, such regulatory body personnel, policy makers, users of chemical measurement data, among others. The topics covered are relevant to analytical chemists, laboratory personnel, process engineers, managers, quality assurance and quality control specialists as well as supervisory personnel.
Things to Bring
Each confirmed participant attending this training is required to bring the following materials: personal computer (laptop) with spreadsheet software such as LibreOffice Calc or Microsoft Excel, and a clean USB flash drive (minimum storage: 2GB).
About the Facilitator
Edgar Paski earned his B.Sc. in Chemistry at the University of Waterloo and his Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry at the University of British Columbia. Dr. Paski has worked in industry and government in the areas of mining and mineral exploration, environmental chemistry, pulp and paper technology. He teaches courses in analytical atomic spectrometry, quality assurance and the assayer certification program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT). He assesses testing laboratories to the ISO 17025 Standard for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) and the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA).
Dr. Paski’s professional interests include: plasma spectrochemistry, sampling for chemical analysis, chemometrics, automated chemical analysis, trace elements in geological and environmental materials, quality assurance, laser applications in analytical chemistry, multidimensional luminescence spectrometry, computer applications in analytical chemistry.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The equivalent CPD credit units for this event will be decided by the CPD Council of Chemistry soon. Kindly check back this page for updates.
CPD Provider Details. The ICP is accredited by the PRC as a provider of continuing professional development (CPD) units with accreditation number 2017-007, approved on 15 August 2017 and valid until 14 August 2020.
Registration Fees and Inclusions
The registration fees (per person; VAT-EXCLUSIVE) are as follows:
|Category Type||Registration Fee|
|Active^ ICP Member||PHP 5,000|
|Inactive/Non-ICP Member||PHP 6,000|
^Proof of unexpired ICP membership required.
• Payment and registration must be accomplished individually.
• The ICP shall accommodate only the first one-hundred fifty (150) registered participants in the main conference venue.
• Pay the exact amount as indicated. Any excess payment will be forfeited. Payments less than the total amount indicated will NOT be processed.
• The ICP may NOT accept walk-in registrants for this event.
If your company opts to deduct the VAT from the payment, an additional 15% of your respective registration fee must be added.
Registration fee covers the following: conference name tag, handouts, refreshments, lunch, relevant certificates.
How to Register
Kindly follow the three-step procedure below to register for this event.
STEP 1: SIGN-UP IN THE ONLINE FORM. Accomplish the online registration form (link found below). Each company or institution may only send a maximum of two (2) delegates to this event. Once the form has been submitted, you should be able to receive an automatic reply at the e-mail address you have entered in the form. Kindly wait for another message after 1-2 days; this message contains the payment and registration instructions, and the amount you must remit.
STEP 2: REMIT YOUR PAYMENT. Deposit your respective payment to the following bank account:
Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Branch: Loyola Katipunan
Account Name: Integrated Chemists of the Philippines
Account Number: 3081-0830-95
• The participants are requested to respect the deadlines for the remittance of payment.
• If your company opts to deduct the VAT from the payment, an additional 15% of the respective registration fee will be charged.
Payment may be settled through bank deposit (cash or check) or online transfer. Make sure to scan or photograph your machine-validated deposit slip or screenshot your online transaction.
STEP 3: SEND PROOF OF PAYMENT TO CONFIRM SLOT. Scan or photograph your machine-validated deposit slip or screenshot your online transaction and attach it as a reply to the second message to confirm your slot/s for the event. NOTE: This step must be done within five (5) days from the time of your registration; failure to do so will forfeit your slot/s.
You will be informed of your slot confirmation through e-mail as soon as possible.
(more than 50% of available slots remaining)
Cancellation or Transfer Policy: Cancellation or transfer of registration to another qualified individual must be done on or before May 18 (Saturday). Contact Mr. Nick Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for this matter. All approved cancellations will be given a refund of 70% of the respective registration fee.
For general inquiries:
Mr. Nick Tan
Digital Engagement Manager, ICP
For letter of invitation requests, kindly provide only the following information: (1) name of intended receiver, (2) his/her position in the company, (3) company name, and (4) company address.
599 Pablo Ocampo Street,