The term of office of three members of the ICP Board of Directors expires on 30 June 2018. Nominations are invited for the election of the ICP Board members who will hold office starting 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2021.
Three board members — one representative each from the industry, government and academe — are to be elected. Only active regular ICP members (chemists) may be nominated.
|2018||Dr. Lilibeth Coo*||Dr. Rosalinda Torres*||Ms. Edna Mijares*|
|2019||Dr. Fabian Dayrit||Col. Victor Drapete||Ms Ludivinia Avendaño|
|2020||Dr. Glenn Alea||Ms. Nenita Marayag||Ms. Priscilla Alice Samonte|
* Terms to expire on June 30, 2018.
The elected members of the board are expected to regularly attend the meetings of the ICP and actively participate in activities geared towards achieving the objectives of the ICP as follows:
1. Support the implementation of Chemistry Law and the Code of Ethics for chemists and safeguard the professional interests of the registered chemists;
2. Make the professional chemists conscious of their serious responsibilities in helping the country develop;
3. Provide a forum to exchange ideas on the chemistry profession;
4. Cultivate discipline among the members, develop the spirit of camaraderie, and maintain occupational standards;
5. Encourage and foster chemical education;
6. Develop a continuing program of activities leading towards upgrading of standards, such as accreditation of laboratories and professional competencies.
- Only ICP members in good standing can be nominated, submit a nomination, and vote. The ICP Membership Committee shall confirm the status of nominators, nominees, and voters.
- The nominee must confirm acceptance of nomination by signing the attached nomination form or by sending an email indicating acceptance of nomination. Members may nominate one candidate to each sector. Click here to download nomination form.
- The winning candidate from each sector will hold office for a term of 3 years (2018-2021).
- The nomination period is from June 1 to 15, 2018. Nomination forms should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com by 5PM.
- The list of nominees will be posted on the ICP website (http://www.icp.org.ph/) by June 18.
- The election period will be from June 18 to 29, 2018.
- The ICP Elections Committee (ICP COMELEC) is made up of the following: Dr. Fabian Dayrit (chair), Col. Victor Drapete, and Ms. Ludivinia Avendaño.