Section 33 of the Professional Chemistry Act (R.A. No. 10657) stipulates that: “Each registered chemist shall, upon registration, obtain a seal as prescribed by the Board with the label “Registered Chemist” bearing the registrant’s name and registration number. All official documents or reports that require the certification or signature of the registered chemist shall be stamped with the latter’s personal seal.”
The PRC Board of Chemistry, in cooperation with the Integrated Chemists of the Philippines, is pleased to announce Design The Chemists’ Seal!, a competition for the design of the official seal for the Registered Chemist professional.
The guidelines for this contest are as follows:
- This contest is open to all Registered Chemists. Each entry should be submitted using the attached entry form.
- The entry should include a brief description (maximum of 50 words) of the seal and how it reflects the practice of Chemistry as embodied in the Professional Chemistry Act.
- The submitted entry should be in black & white, about 6” x 6” in size, but should be appropriate for the actual seal which will only be about 1” x 1” in size. The entry should include a soft copy in .bmp format.
- Attach the entry form and your design entry to an email addressed to email@example.com.
- All entries should include a signed statement that the seal is an original work and does not infringe any copyright or intellectual property.
- All submitted entries will become property of the Board of Chemistry.
- The deadline for submission of entries is on April 1, 2016.
- The announcement of the winner will be made during the 31st Philippine Chemistry Congress.
The ICP will give a cash prize of P10,000 to the winning entry, a round-trip ticket to attend the 31PCC, and one night accommodation.