The term of office of three members of the ICP Board of Directors expires on 30 June 2021. Nominations are invited for the election of the ICP Board members who will hold office starting 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2024.
Three board members -- one representative each from the industry, government and academe -- are to be elected. Only active REGULAR members of the ICP (chemists) may nominate and be nominated.
|2021||Dr. Lilibeth Coo*||Dr. Rosalinda Torres*||Ms. Edna Mijares*|
|2022||Dr. Fabian Dayrit||LtCol. Victor Drapete||Ms. Ma. Josephine Gonzales|
|2023||Dr. Glenn Alea||Mr. Angelo Bugarin||Ms. Priscilla Alice Samonte|
* Terms to expire on June 30, 2021.
The elected members of the board are expected to regularly attend the meetings of the ICP and actively participate in activities geared towards achieving the objectives of the ICP as follows:
1. Support the implementation of the Chemistry Profession Act and the Code of Ethics for chemists and safeguard the professional interests of the registered chemists;
2. Make the chemistry professionals (both chemists and chemical technicians) conscious of their serious responsibilities in helping the country develop;
3. Provide a forum to exchange ideas on the chemistry profession;
4. Cultivate discipline among the members, develop the spirit of camaraderie, and maintain occupational standards;
5. Encourage and foster chemical education;
6. Develop a continuing program of activities leading towards upgrading of standards, such as accreditation of laboratories and professional competencies.
- Only active REGULAR members of the ICP in good standing can be nominated, submit a nomination, and vote. Nominations cast by active ASSOCIATE members (chemical technicians) and FOREIGN members will NOT be recognized. The ICP Membership Committee shall confirm the status of nominators, nominees, and voters.
- The nominee must confirm acceptance of nomination by signing the attached nomination form or by sending an email indicating acceptance of nomination. Members may nominate one candidate to each sector. Click here to download the nomination form.
- The winning candidate from each sector will hold office for a term of 3 years (2021 to 2024).
- The nomination period is from 18 May to 14 June 2021. Nomination forms should be submitted by e-mail to ICPComelec@gmail.com by 12PM of June 14.
- The list of nominees will be posted on the ICP website (http://www.icp.org.ph/) by June 15. The election period will be from 15 to 29 June 2021. Results will be announced on June 30.
- The ICP Elections Committee (ICP COMELEC) for 2021 is made up of the following: Dr. Fabian Dayrit (chair), and LtCol. Victor Drapete and Ms. Priscilla Alice Samonte (members).