Name of Company / Institution: PETER PAUL PHILIPPINE CORPORATION
Work Location: Cabunag Street, Pahinga Uno, Candelaria, Quezon, Philippines
Company Brief Description:
Peter Paul Philippine Corporation is a coconut manufacturing company in the country proudly operating the largest single production facility of desiccated coconuts with a rated capacity of 22,000 metric tons per year. The company is committed to the utilization of its core competencies as a premier producer of desiccated coconut, and the enhancement of its other coconut-based products such as coconut milk and cream, and currently into special dietary foods. Peter Paul’s products are seen in all major markets such as North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, and maintains a substantial share in each of these markets. Peter Paul’s customer are among today’s established household name brands in confectionery, cookie, and cereal industries.
Job Title: PLANT CHEMIST
Type of Employment: Full-time
Available Slots: 1
Responsible in maintaining the Chemistry Laboratories’ compliance to the requirements of Republic Act No. 10657 and the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Standard through regular conduct of Internal Audits, Proficiency Testing Program, Validation and Verification of employed Test Methods/ Procedures; and performing Quality Control checks to monitor performance, and initiating corrective and preventive actions, as necessary.
1. Organizes and facilitates Proficiency Testing program (interlaboratory and intra-laboratory Proficiency Testing) of Chemistry Laboratories.
2. Designs and implements validation/ verification protocols for test methods to establish applicability of method to the product/ food matrix under test and demonstrate method performance characteristics, where applicable, accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, selectivity, linearity, limit of detection, limit of quantification, and robustness.
3. Conducts regular audit of Chemistry Laboratories to check compliance to ISO/IEC 17025 requirements, and Republic Act No. 10657.
4. Plans action to be taken when QC Data were found to be out of control or exhibits trending to correct the problem and prevent reporting incorrect results.
5. Performs duties and responsibilities aligned with Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and company established environmental, health, and safety program.
Minimum Education Required:
* Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
* Licensed Chemist
* Experience in laboratory operations, classical and instrumental analysis is an advantage. Fresh graduates may apply.
* Supervisory/ Managerial Skills
* Computer literate; proficient in both oral and written English communications
* Knowledgeable in ISO documentation
* Hardworking, accompanied with good organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
* Creative, versatile, has the ability to work efficiently, and meet output deadlines.
Monthly Salary Range: PHP 20,001 to PHP 25,000
Contact Person / Details:
Hanzel D. Patoc, RCh.