Name of Company / Institution: Sika Philippines Inc.
Work Location: 888 Cayetano Ave., Brgy. Palingon-Tipas, Taguig City
Company Brief Description:
Sika Philippines, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Swiss-based Sika Group, has been serving the Philippine market since March 1994.
We are a major supplier of construction products to various market sectors e.g. cement plants, ready-mix concrete industry, precast concrete factories, building, infrastructure, industrial and residential projects as well as retail stores. Our product range includes high quality concrete admixtures, specialty mortars, sealants and adhesives, building finishing solutions, concrete repair and structural strengthening, flooring, roofing and waterproofing systems.
Job Title: R&D Chemist I
- Establish trial formulations for new product development, formula localization, formulation efficiencies or product performance improvement
- Conduct tests to evaluate trial formulations in accordance with local and international standards
- Prepare lab batches for external testing (client or 3rd party), internal testing (lab or technical team) and validation
- Evaluate raw material (RM) alternatives, as well as packaging materials (PM) on identified products. Assist R&D Chemist II in monitoring of trial production batches
- Perform color matching for both powder and liquid products
- Conduct benchmarking studies of assigned product segments and communicate results with concerned departments.
- Participate in Product knowledge test
- Conduct routine quality control tests of both raw materials (RM) and finished goods (FG), if needed
- Prepare and submit reports on status of other assigned projects to the QC | R&D Supervisor or QC | R&D Manager at the specified deadlines.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation, equipment and laboratory
- Adheres to the Sika Philippines Inc. established Quality and Environmental Management System and Quality Policy.
Education: Graduate of BS Chemistry or any course related to the post; Registered Chemical Technician or Registered Chemist
Work Experience: Background in Quality Assurance and R&D is an advantage
With at least one (1) year experience in field of construction chemicals, paints or drymix mortars
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint)
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (Balances, pH meter, viscometer, moisture analyzer)
|Type of Employment:||Full-time|
|Monthly Salary Range:||PHP 15,001 to PHP 20,000|
Contact Person / Details: