Name of Company / Institution: Pigmentex Inc.
Work Location: Block 2 Lot 3, People’s Technology Complex Brgy. Cabilang Baybay, Carmona, Cavite
Company Brief Description:
Pigmentex Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Resins Incorporated, 100% Filipino company engaged in the manufacture of synthetic resins and Industrial chemicals for various Industries in the country and abroad. Pigmentex Inc. is principally engaged in the production of specialty chemicals like calcium sulfate and aluminum paste for paints. It also manufactures synthetic resins under a tolling arrangement with RI Chemical Incorporated and Pacific Resins, Inc. – both are sister companies.
Its aluminum paste and calcium sulphate started operations in 1990 and 1992; respectively. Both plants have yet to go on full-time commercial operations.
The manufacture of Alkyd resins under a tolling arrangement with RI Chemical Corporation started in September 1996 while the manufacture of polyesters and emulsions followed in 1997.
The plant complex is located at the Cavite – Carmona Industrial Estate. (Formerly People’s Technology Complex) in Carmona, Cavite while its main business office is within the RI Chemical Corporation compound in Barrio Bagong Ilog, Pasig City.
Job Title: Chemist I
A. Pollution Control
- Review existing safety and pollution control facilities in Pigmentex, Inc., and recommend needed actions to upgrade them.
- Assist in the installation of safety and pollution control devices and policies and ensure that these are in accordance with government standards and regulations.
- Monitor the proper use and maintenance of all safety and pollution control facilities in accordance with government standards and requirement.
- Assist in securing appropriate government licenses for safety and pollution control as well as ensure renewal on time.
B. Quality Assurance
- Ensure the integrity of raw materials as they are used in the production processes, the batches as they come out of cooking and the finished goods prior to shipment. Assist, analyze, evaluate production cooks especially during trial and first runs of new or modified products.
- Evaluate present procedures utilized in the checking of raw materials, work-in progress, and finished goods to determine if they meet acceptable standards.
- Analyze and evaluate “To Be Blended”, or “TBB’s” and recommend actions to be taken. Ensure zero-waste in the application of TBBS.
- Determine the mechanics of testing present problems of raw material suppliers, production systems and customers. Analyze bottlenecks and recommend new mechanics to ensure that expectations of suppliers, customers and production are met.
- Maintain confidentiality of Technical documents such as formulations, production procedures at all times. Reproduction of copies shall only be with the approval of the General Manager.
- Review all standard procedures at least once a year and recommend changes as needed.
- Comply with plant safety and housekeeping practices/standards as well as fire prevention rules.
- Perform other related functions as may be assigned from time to time.
A. Essential Competencies
- Must be at least a BS Chemistry graduate.
- Preferably a licensed Chemist.
- Must be computer literate.
- Analytical, flexible and results oriented.
- Must be systematic, receptive, keen on details, creative and trustworthy.
- Must have no allergies to chemicals.
B. Desirable Competencies
- With adequate knowledge in industrial safety, pollution control and environmental restrictions.
- Hardworking and thorough.
- With good oral and written communication skills.
|Type of Employment:||Full-time|
|Monthly Salary Range:||PHP 15,001 to PHP 20,000|
Contact Person / Details: