Name of Company / Institution: PHILIPPINE-JAPAN ACTIVE CARBON CORPORATION
Work Location: Malagamot Road, Barangay Panacan, Davao City, Davao del Sur
Company Brief Description:
Philippine-Japan Active Carbon Corporation (PJAC) is a manufacturing company specializing in the production of Activated Carbon from coconut shell charcoal. It is solely owned by Kowa Company, Ltd. Products are sold entirely for export only.
The company was established in 1972 and is now in 50 years of service in the manufacturing and export of Activated Carbon Industry in Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines. As the pioneer in the manufacture of activated carbon in the Philippines, it is the first company granted by the government to operate at 100% Japanese capitalization.
The company ensures that products are made from high quality coconut charcoal. The activated carbon is manufactured under strictly controlled atmosphere to have high adsorption performance. The products of Philippine-Japan Active Carbon Corporation undergo quality assurance to ensure conformance to customers’ specifications. PJAC has established a customer-oriented Quality Management System that defines processes and sub-systems clearly understood and managed by qualified and competent personnel. The company quality management system is documented and CERTIFIED in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008. PJAC Activated Carbon for Drinking Water is certified to NSF Standard 61 and NSF Standard 42 (Acid-washed carbons only) All products are Halal certified.
Job Title: Junior Chemist
- Responsible in the attainment of department goals based on agreed focus areas.
- Management of department operation and its technical aspects.
- Accurate, complete and timely delivery of Quality Assurance reports and documentation.
- Effective documentation and implementation of Quality Assurance programs and regulations.
- Strong coordination with other Department heads.
- Effective recommendation and implementation of the Department budget & management.
- Effective implementation of Quality Assurance programs and functions.
- Builds continuous capability-enhancement of subordinate departments and interrelated processes.
- Observes accurate, complete and timely submission of reports to Management.
- Maintain proper asset accountability, usage and utilization.
- Adaptable and available for position mobility and flexibility.
- Active participation in meetings and trainings required by Top Management.
- Demonstrate safe working practices and be proactive in keeping safety and work environment. Ensures good housekeeping is properly observed all throughout the workplace.
- Licensed Chemist;
- Solid knowledge in Chemistry and laboratory testing;
- Proficient laboratory skills and use of apparatus and equipment required to perform higher chemical testing work, including the operation of office computer equipment and a variety of software and applications;
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations and to follow directions to ensure the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe;
- Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions;
- Can comfortably converse in English, Tagalog and Bisaya
|Type of Employment:
|Monthly Salary Range:
|PHP 15,001 to PHP 20,000
Contact Person / Details:
Marianne Joyce C. Ambulo
(082) 238-0073 to 74 / 09177101407