Name of Company / Institution: SAN MIGUEL SHIPPING AND LIGHTERAGE CORPORATION
Work Location: TAGOLOAN, MISAMIS ORIENTAL / LIMAY, BATAAN
Company Brief Description:
San Miguel Shipping and Lighterage Corporation was officially incorporated in 1974 to establish a shipping point for the Mandaue Brewery production output to be moved to the various islands in the Visayas, Mindanao, Bicol and other offshore areas. SMCSL became a member of the Logistics Council of the San Miguel Group of Companies in 1999, and was tasked to be the preferred logistics services integrator of the Group. SMCSL was appointed to manage and operate the unutilized and underutilized SMC-owned facilities.
To cater to its fast-growing clientele from the San Miguel Group of Companies operating in Luzon, SMCSL established its National Capital region (NCR) satellite Unit in 2002. It also began operating a 14-hectare port and warehousing property in Mariveles.
As part of its expansion, SMCSL imported and acquired local vessels like tugboats, barges, and tankers to cater to the requirements of the San Miguel Group of Companies.
Job Title: LABORATORY CHEMIST
• Laboratory chemists analyse chemical compounds and use the information they discover to fine new applications for those chemicals.
• To closely study and test all sorts of compounds to figure out their composition, as well as to discover potential uses of the compounds.
• Set up tests, direct other employees on how to carry those tests out, and then compile the results.
• Writes reports on their findings and share them in their team especially to his supervisor in order to push their research forward.
• Comply with the government requirements in compliance to the basic standards.
• Signs the laboratory reports to be submitted to different agencies.
• Identify, classify, maintain and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
• Interpret data from routine and non-routine analyses in order to validate that chemicals/materials meet the specifications and approve for shipment to company plants.
• Protect the company and all the company information against unauthorized disclosure, eavesdropping and legal exposure.
• Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, logbook, or laboratory notebook.
• Organize workflow and task schedules to maximize laboratory efficiency (e.g. prioritize sample analysis, assign tasks, preventive maintenance)
• Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g. troubleshooting, conducting preventive maintenance, calibrating and repairing)
• Find solutions for distressed and problem batches in order to minimize losses.
Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s/College Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry;
At least 1-2 years experience in oil industry.
Applicant must be willing to be assigned in Manila, Tagoloan and Limay, Bataan
Contact Person / Details:
Almira Kristina C. Aguilar