Name of Company / Institution: DIC PHILIPPINES, INC.
Work Location: BAGUMBAYAN, TANYAG, TAGUIG CITY
Company Brief Description:
DIC Philippines, Inc. (DICPH) brings “Color & Comfort by Chemistry”, providing superior ink and specialty chemicals solutions that make life better. DICPH is a subsidiary of DIC Corporation (DIC), formerly known as Dainippon Ink & Chemicals, a 110 year-old company which has since grown to be the world’s largest ink and specialty chemicals group. DIC has a global footprint of 176 sites in over 60 countries.
Job Title: TECHNICAL CHEMIST
1. Technical Servicing
• Responds promptly to customers’ technical inquiries via email or telephone.
• Attends meeting with customers to discuss detailed product requirements.
• Oversees on-site trial press run of new ink developments.
• Performs on-site press troubleshooting to address quality concerns pertaining to ink.
2. Product Improvement
• Develops and implements new test methods and techniques of analysis to ensure product integrity and firm adherence to quality.
• Coordinates with regional affiliates regarding R & D and troubleshooting measures pertaining to product improvement.
• Performs R & D works to improve quality of existing product lines, to address and support market requirements.
• Undertakes R & D projects aimed to screen and qualify cost-effective alternative raw materials.
• Analyzes and evaluates competitors’ inks versus own product lines and use the data gathered to have advantage over competitors’ products.
• Supports in the analysis of non-conforming products
• Establishes product specifications and production protocols during pilot production of large-scale formulations.
• Creates DIC Standard Catalogue with detailed product specifications and test methods, for use of QC team.
3. New Color Development
• Matches new color to conform with customers’ requirements and issues batch tickets and prepares promotional samples for machine trial and approval.
• Issues technical data and certificates pertaining to product specifications, together with color swatches.
4. Technical Information Compilation
• Collects, maintains, and keeps a library of technical data and MSDS of all existing product lines, product lines supplied by other DIC affiliates, and all raw materials in the formulations.
• Collect, maintains and keeps a library of all raw materials being used, including the raw material samples submitted by suppliers.
• Maintains accurate and thorough records of the following documents and ensures timely submission to Technical Manager: Monthly Technical Report, R&D Report, New Raw Material Report, Technical Visit Report, and Field Service Report.
5. Checks formulation and approves raw material substitution in the batch tickets issued for production.
6. Trains lower level staff of correct test methods and proper utilization of laboratory equipment.
7. Shares in the responsibility of maintaining laboratory equipment in good working condition.
8. Monitors laboratory and office supply levels and issue requisition as necessary.
9. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
-BS Chemistry graduate
-With relevant professional experience either in the ink or paint industries.
-Adept in color matching techniques, including software and equipment to carry out color analysis via Delta E, L, a, b
-Proficient in methods development and mathematical calculations used in chemical analyses.
-Computer-literate and competent in Microsoft Windows applications.
Contact Person / Details:
02 838 8888 loc 205 / +63 9175379350