Name of Company / Institution: UNI-PRESIDENT PHILIPPINES CORP.
Work Location: First Industrial Township, Brgy. Pagaspas, Tanauan City, Batangas
Company Brief Description:
Uni-President Philippines Corp is a wholly owned subsidiary of Uni-President Enterprise Corp. (UPEC), one of the biggest manufacturing Conglomerates in Taiwan and top ten players in China and in a majority of other countries in Asia. UPEC has over 100 subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide under its 7 major divisons: Provsions group, Instant Food, Health Food, Beverage, Bakery, Distribution and Low Temperature Food. Uni-President Enterprise Corp. was founded in Yeong Kang, Taiwan on July 01, 1967. Since then it has been dedicated to food manufacturing as well as exploring new businesses.
In the Philippines, UPPC enters the market with product introductions in the instant noodle and beverage industries. It takes pride in the superior quality and taste of its brands of instant noodle products: Ho-MI Instant Mami, Ho-MI Instant Pancit Canton, Unif Sotanghon and Nooda Crunch noodle snack. UPPC also introduced health beverages such as Chai Li Won tea and MineShine Milk Tea. It was 1998 when UPPC was brought to Philippines by Hong Yao Chen. The company is engaged in the importation of noodles from Taiwan to Philippines. In 2001, there was a challenge in the business since there is a dominant local noodle manufacturing company in the country. While maintaining its identity as noodle maker in Taiwan, the company decided to link up with RFM Corporation . The company was named RFM President. For now, 7-11 is the major distributor of the products. Products are also available in local supermarkets.
Job Title: Food Safety Officer
• Inspect the manufacturing area and ensure clean machinery and hygienic conditions within the plant.
• Prepare food safety analysis report and report the areas not meeting the quality standards. Suggest ways to change and improve the current system to eliminate risks and potential hazards to the health of the consumers.
• Make certain the manufactured food items are packed, stored and transported responsibly without compromising on the food safety and quality.
• Keeps updated with all new food safety related procedures and systems as well as local and international legislation.
• Write short reports to supervisor evaluating new equipment or process. Compare two options with different cost structures. For example, comparison of price quotes for detergents and make decisions based on factors such as price, quality and effectiveness.
• Develop training and orientation materials about ISO 22000, HACCP and related topics like Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices or Employee Sanitation Guidelines.
• Provide training for existing and new employees. Train the workers in handling and packing the food products hygienically.
• Reviews reports and confers with quality assurance, production, management, and engineering personnel to solve work-related problems.
• Set standards and monitor procedures to ensure food safety at all stages of the operation, including receiving, production, packaging and shipping. Decide how to interpret and apply external regulations in the context of the plant.
• Quickly assess situations that may compromise food safety, determining the cause and extent of the problem, how to rectify the situation, who needs to be involved and how to minimize time and/or product losses.
• Conducts supplier audits on all existing and new suppliers and monitor their performance.
• Interact with suppliers in order to communicate company standards for quality and safety of incoming products.
• Oversees controlled documentation creation, approval, modification and release.
• Performs routine physical-chemical laboratory testing and analysis of raw materials, packaging materials, semi-finished products, finished products, water and waste water analysis using different laboratory equipment such as but not limited to balances, pipettes, pH meters, burettes, etc.
• Reports and certifies conducted physical-chemical laboratory tests performed.
• Inspects laboratory in terms of chemical and/or biochemical activities performed.
• Certifies laboratory in terms of chemical and/or biochemical activities performed.
• Performs internal calibration of instruments used in chemical laboratory testing and analysis.
• Undertake functions related to the management of chemicals, such as chemical safety, chemical waste management, pollution control, and the like.
• Leads subordinates such as Chemical Technician in performing chemical and/or biochemical testing and analysis.
• Accountable for full compliance of the Chemical Laboratory and the corresponding processes to the Chemistry Profession Act RA 10657.
• Licensed Chemist
• With Experience in a food manufacturing company
• Knowledge in Food Safety Management System
• With good leadership skills
• Proactive, Assertive and Decision Maker
• With full-depth understanding with respect to compliance with RA 10657.
Contact Person / Details:
09286328585/043 778 5171