Name of Company / Institution: Morning Star Milling Corporation
Work Location: A.Z. Avis Sr. Ext., Bagong Ilog, Pasig City
Company Brief Description:
Incorporated in 1988, Morning Star Milling Corporation (MSMC) was set up with the objective of producing quality flour and downstream products that were lacking in the Philippine market. Using Swiss machinery with the latest technology, MSMC started operations in 1991 at Bagong-Ilog Pasig. Its first products were Star Bread Flour and Sunrise Soft Flour, the first bromate-free flour produced in commercial quantities in the Philippines. In 1992, MSMC’s product range has grown to include Angel White Bread Flour, Magic Box Cake Flour and Triple A All-Purpose Flour.
In 1993, the company launched its first pasta line under the brand PRIMA. True to its pioneering spirit, MSMC produced the first 100% Durum Semolina pasta in the Philippines. The Prima Pasta line includes spaghetti, flat noodles, angel hair pasta and different macaroni shapes. MSMC also caters to the bulk market under the NEWLIFE brand name. Having established a name for itself, MSMC embarked on an expansion program that was completed in 1998. From its original size of 250MT/day, the expansion brought production up to 1,100MT/day. MSMC continues to innovate its products. Today it has become one of the bigger flour milling companies in the country.
Job Title: Laboratory Analyst
Monitors, analyzes and inspects the wheat, flour and pasta products according to the standards set by Quality Assurance Department and specifications required by different customers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Analyzes moisture, ash, water absorption, granulation, gluten, color, pekar and speck count, pH, NIR, acidity, manual dockage, fat, extensograph, lipase, spot test.
• Do sampling and physical inspection of flour prior to release.
• Issues Certificate of Analysis to respective customers.
• Checks and assesses defective products or rejects and returned products by customers
• Graduate of B.S. Chemistry course
• Registered Chemist is required
• Newly graduates with good academic record and a recent Chemistry board passer are encouraged to apply
• At least 2-3 Years work experience, preferably in a Laboratory or in a Manufacturing company
• Has the ability to monitor quality of products
• Knowledgeable in good laboratory practices
• Computer literate
• With good verbal and written communication skills
• Amendable to work in a shifting/rotating schedule
Contact Person / Details:
Ms. Gladdy Tarog
(632) 671-9755 to 57